Event | The Soap Awards 2013



I attended this years British Soap Awards which was held on Saturday night at Salford's Media City. Fortunately, this was 15 minutes down the road from my house, win win situation! As the queuing was outside of the building I decided not to wear anything too fancy, I wore a navy skater skirt with a gold laced crop top and black ankle boots and of course my big Zara woollen coat because it was bloody freezing outside!


When we arrived we were able to stand on the red carpet and watch everybody come in, all the dresses were beautiful however I only watch Coronation Street and occasionally Eastenders so I didn’t know who 50% of the people were. Of course Schofe came through as he hosted the evening with Union J, Cannon and Ball, Larry Lamb and Mr Big from Sex In The City! As they were all hosting awards. The awards ceremony followed this where we were sat just behind the lot from Emmerdale. As they recorded it to go out live on the Sunday I was baffled by how professional Phillip was and how he did everything on cue perfectly. It was really weird watching him do it so naturally. Hollyoaks won most of the awards with Michelle Keegan (of cousrse) winning Sexiest Female. Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) won the lifetime achievement award whilst Coronation Street won the big one, Best Soap.

Overall a really good night, which was all essentially free!


No comments:

Post a Comment