Haim - Academy 1, Manchester


Haim played a sold out show at Manchester Academy last week, despite being 20 minutes late they won over the crowd in seconds.

I've loved Haim for a good while now and saw them at Leeds Festival over the summer. Being a rock band who have produced a stellar pop album, they're right up my street. The support act was Broods, a New Zealand pop duo. If you found a large pot and mixed London Grammar with Disclosure this is what you'd get. Their sound is somewhat similar to 'Help Me Lose My Mind' and grabbed the crowd with hip-hop beats and incredible vocals. Listen to 'Coattails'.

Haim hit the stage with 'Falling' and thrashed about in-sync with each other throughout the gig. Massive songs such as 'The Wire' and 'Don't Save Me' were sing along moments, you couldn't even hear Haim from the chanting around you. 

One song that I thought I wouldn't enjoy live was 'Forever'. I wrote a post on this, but a couple of months ago myself and a few friends based our A2 Media Studies music video on the song, since then I haven't been able to listen to it due to the endless hours of editing we went through. But, I've never clapped, danced and enjoyed a song more since a Rudimental gig last year (the clapping was a major part of our video). It felt like the song was ours, a bit weird I know.

If that wasn't enough, the band covered Beyonce's 'XO' from their BBCR1 Live Lounge and sounded incredible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment