Lets Discuss | Self Awareness


      self-awareness
       noun
  1. conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires.
  2. "the process can be painful but it leads to greater self-awareness"

Self awareness is to have a clear perception of your personality, strengths, weaknesses and beliefs. Being able to understand where you are at that moment in your life and being able to reflect on what it means for right now and the future. I believe I'm quite self aware, but it is an attribute that people might not be aware of in themselves.

For me, knowing that the position i'm in will be a moment forever, a little memory that I'll store in my mind for a rainy day is something that makes me appreciate that aspect of my life. I like looking back on these things and seeing how much I've progressed to where I am today. So on Tuesday, I'll do my final radio show on Salford City Radio. A show that I've been doing for over two years and it's something I'm really proud of. For me to think back to 2012 when I walked into that studio not having any intention of starting my own show due to sheer terror and lack of confidence it's quite unbelievable to see the position i'm in right now. So where will I be in another two years? 

Self awareness is also about creating what you want, mastering yourself and focusing your attention on where you want to go in life. So basically not giving a shit of what others think and doing what you want. Because at the end of the day it's your life and something brilliant could come out of that decision you're um-ing and ah-ing about.

What do you think about all this? Are you a self aware person?

No comments:

Post a Comment