Where You NEED To Visit In London


I don't live in London (although I wish I did) but I am lucky enough to go down to the capital quite a few times a year. My friend is actually going to Uni there in September and i'll be taking full advantage of that. Last month I had an incredible chance to have a work placement at Radio 1's Newsbeat, which is my dream come true as I’m a right radio geek. I went down for a few days and I thought I'd compile a list of my favourite places to go. 

1. Camden Market
You know the hype, it's one of the most visited places in London, of course you know what it's about. But have you ever strolled through and explored the independent off the wall stalls? Camden market is a hub of all things vintage and bohemian. Among products sold on the stalls are crafts, clothing, trinkets and fast food.

2. Liberty
Liberty is the other end of the scale to Camden, I don't trust myself in there for too long in case I knock something over or spend too much money, especially in the beauty department. It's mostly known for its textiles and floral prints but it also has a range of designer names. If you're a stationary fiend like myself you will love it. Theres all the notebooks, all the pens, all the pencil cases that you don't need but will inevitably buy. The building is also in an incredible Victorian style, so you can't miss it.

3. Bens Cookies
These nuggets of wonder are the best tasting things that have ever been into my mouth. Big statement. I recommend the White Chocolate Chunk (the chocolate melts in your mouth, omg) and the Chocolate Orange. I go to the store on Carnaby Street but they also have one in Covent Garden and a few other places.

4. Russel Square
I know if you live in London you'll probably be thinking there much better green spaces to go to such as Hyde Park/Regents Park etc. However, I love this little area and find it so relaxing to sit, read a book or just watch all the little kids running through the fountains. Then finding the stressed parent waiting to have to drag them out and dry them off. What I seriously hate about this area is the tube station. Is it really that difficult to install escalators instead of a lift rooted miles underground? Claustrophobia sufferers stay away.

5. Southbank
There is always something going on along Southbank, theres a lot of history to it as well which I love. The BFI IMAX screen there is seriously incredible, if you're interested in the production of films in anyway I would highly reccommend it. It was such a mind-blowing experience. The screen is half the size of the room and completely engulfs you in the film. In the summer theres also 'Udder Belly' where you can sit on little deck chairs and have Pimm's and chill. Its all very British.

4 comments:

  1. These are all my favourite places too :) That's so cool about the placement at Radio 1! I'm a radio geek too so am slightly envious at the minute!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I wouldn't be exaggerating by saying it was probably the best day of my existence x

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I've never visited any of these places! Next time I'm in London, I'll definitely be stopping off at a few of these!

    Elizabeth's Boredom

    ReplyDelete