Fig + Sparrow - Manchester, NQ


This summer I promised myself I would spend some more time in Manchester's Northern Quarter. It's a hub of bohemian and alternative culture and every time I stray from Market Street I seem to find another little gem. Whether it's a vintage shop, bar or cafe like Fig + Sparrow. 

Although this charming little place has only been open a matter of months, it has captured the atmosphere of the Northern Quarter and already feels like part of the furniture. The Fig + Sparrow doubles as a coffee bar and a gift shop, selling art, home decor and trinkets. As i'm not a coffee drinker I can't give you the deets on that but they also have a selection of loose leaf teas, which I shall be sure to check out next time. As it was a scorcher of a day I had a refreshing Fentiman Victorian Lemonade which are everywhere at the moment, I bloody love that stuff.

The food was freshly made and delicious. I had a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich on white sourdough. What was really unique about fig + sparrow was how you could choose your bread from the ones in baskets on show, the pricing was also very reasonable. 

The fig + sparrow had a really chilled and relaxed vibe. The sort of place you could take your laptop or a newspaper and feel right at home.


2 comments:

  1. This seems like such a gorgeous place! Next time I'm in Manchester I may have to visit x

    ReplyDelete