Event | Student Spring Break



(All above photos courtesy of Jason Lock)
On Tuesday, after college I made my way over to the Arndale Shopping Centre in Manchester for the Student Spring Break event. There were bags of discounts whilst also being able to enjoy live performances from The Mend (last years Britain's Got Talent) and The United. Plus acts from the Future Stars competition with Key 103 and Future Skills at MediaCityUK.
I had never been involved in an event like this before and had high hopes which it definitely lived up to! The Arndale was filled with students taking advantage of the discounts from brands such as Topshop, New Look and Superdry. Of course I had to join them and ended up spending a little over budget for the little Saturday job I hold onto! But its fine, it was discounted alright!
Ryman and Lush were lovely and gave us bloggers a goodie bag with the contents pictured below. Reviews of all of the Lush items will be coming in a couple of weeks!



From Topshop I bought the MOTO Vintage Joni Jeans and the Red Spot Crop Tee which I have wanted to get for so long! Ever since I bought my disco pants late last year i've been loving the super high waisted look with a baggy top tucked in and rolled up sleeves.
New Look also added a 20% discount to all of their ranges including a goodie bag if you spend over £30. So, I found these shoes, and it was like love at first sight because I COULD WALK IN THEM. I hate heals normally, i'd so much rather wear my converse to a party instead of hobbling around until its acceptable to go bare footed.
There was about half an hour left of the sale and it was either get the shoes or interview one or the bands from the Future Stars competition, The Quangos. I went with the shoes. Although, I have now found how brilliant that band actually are and i'm quite gutted I left Siobhan (Weekend Rambles) to interview them and only saw them at Taco Bell at the end of the night! (Free Tacos. YES) - Check them out on YouTube here
Other performances in the competition came from Ella Shaw, U-NEEQ and Alex Carrington. I was lucky enough to interview Ella and U-NEEQ which shall be up shortly on another little post!
Overall I had a lovely night away from revising and coursework, you gotta love a good discount!


No comments:

Post a Comment